Listen today as my guest, Lisa Hazelgrove (Lisa Healthy) and I go through 5 tips to help you improve your sleep! These are simple tips that you can implement today to feel immediate effects! Over time, the compounding effects of consistent quality sleep have massive benefits to all areas of your life!
- Drink more water and give the formula half our weight in ounces each day and an extra 8 ounces for every hour you are exercising or participating in a sport. There are a lot of people are still using the 8 glasses/bottles a day adage and that isn’t individualized.
- Cut out all technology about an hour before bedtime as the EMFs have been directly linked to melatonin depletion and sleep disorders. At night, all devices (except those used for health purposes) can be unplugged from the wall outlet, not just be turned off, but unplugged!
- Exercise improves sleep by producing a significant rise in body temperature, followed by a compensatory drop a few hours later. The drop in body temperature, which persists for two to four hours after exercise, makes it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- The 4-7-8 breathing technique is simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere. This breathing exercise is a natural tranquilizer for the nervous system. Unlike tranquilizing drugs, which are often effective when you first take them but then lose their power over time, this exercise is subtle when you first try it, but gains in power with repetition and practice. Do it at least twice a day. (View Dr. Weil’s video and information on the technique here)
- White Noise – This sound combines all noise frequencies to create a steady background hum that drowns out other sounds that can keep you up. It also may help treat insomnia. But because it could lead to hearing problems, skip the headphones when listening to white noise and instead use the whir of a fan or a white noise machine to help you nod off.
To reach out to Lisa:
To reach out or stay connected with me: