Happy Spring, RVA! Or shall we place a question mark there? Although the weather has been all over the place, we still know that summer is right around the corner! Question is – what are we going to do about it?
Our springs always bring us that unpredictability of, ‘is it spring, or is it winter … or perhaps is it summer already??” We really never know, right?
Either way, we still get into “spring cleaning,” right? Spring cleaning is a phenomenon where we feel compelled to organize and clean up certain areas of our lives – be it our homes, our desktops, and much more.
How else can we embrace spring and all that its “fresh start” energy has to offer?
- Make a goal that takes you to Labor Day (the end of Summer).
- Break down your goals into a monthly, weekly, and daily plan.
- Follow your plan daily!
Want some ideas for how to embrace being active this spring and summer? Here are a few that our clients have identified and agreed upon:
- Walk where you can when it is pleasant to do so.
- Pair up with friends at the office, or with neighbors!
- Clean out your pantry!
- Take all of the foods out of your pantry that are not supporting your current health, fitness, and wellness goals.
- Schedule an annual physical with your PCP/doc
- This is a good time to evaluate where your overall health and fitness is and how you can increase it over the next number of months as the weather is nicer!
- Create a schedule but be realistic!
- Make a plan (or consult a personal trainer or coach) to create a plan for your personal health, fitness, and overall wellness.
- Follow this plan, regardless of whatever it takes!
- Sometimes, your workout schedule won’t work, but 80% of the time, it should! Otherwise, you may need to change it. (And that is okay)
- Create a playlist that truly motivates you
- Music is a powerful motivator.
- Which songs really get you moving?
- When could you play them to increase your own personal motivation?
- How can you inspire yourself to do the things you truly want to do?
- Update your workout wardrobe
- What doesn’t look *amazing* anymore? (Or make you feel like you look amazing?) – Get rid of these items!
- What really inspires you to grow and to move forward in your workouts and fitness? – Keep or obtain these items!
- Avoid muscle cramping and fatigue by drinking about 2 liters of water per day, and about 17 oz extra 2 hours prior to exercising.
- Focus on mindset!
- Mindset is huge – it directs where we take our bodies and our lives!
- Where is the focus of your thinking based? Can you focus on winning and weight loss versus whatever you may have thought of in a new weight loss/fitness program?
This should get you started well towards your best spring and summer season ever! If I can be of help to you, please feel free to reach out. I wish you the happiest, healthiest, and most well spring season yet!
To your health, fitness, and wellness,